Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Man without a past.

A Danish film that I and 5 of my friends watched last night. It is the story of a man who gets mugged and beaten with a baseball bat by three petty theives, prononced dead and then awakens before the hospital can get him to the mourge. He has complete amnesia and has to start a new life but it's tough finding a job when you've got no personal information like a first and last name. A slow film that has a steady plot, with a few scences that will make you smile. The climactic scene in which he discovers who he is and where he was headed is not as dramatic as it could have been but it fits into the story filled with lonely and lost characters that weave in and out of each others lives. On a scale of 1 to 10 i'd have to give it a 3. If you enjoy such films as About schimdt and Secret Ballot this is up your alley. It put 2 out of the 5 of us to sleep!
  • Credits:
    Cast: Kati Outinen, Markku Peltola
  • Director: Aki Kaurismaki
  • Producer:Aki Kaurismaki
  • Theatrical Release: SPRING 2003

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 out of 10, hmmm. I would say a 5. Yea yea, I was the one who did not sleep. I though it to be a simpe satisfing movie per the lack of good movies I have seen lately. I mean, they live it cargo containers, that right there gives it a 5!

Fri May 12, 02:53:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really? A 3? I would have given it at least a 5 because it was so consistant through out and had a very unique feel and the plot was fascinating. Hey, it didn't put me to sleep when we saw it!

Sat May 27, 02:18:00 PM 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For those who miss this link I put under the Waking Life entry: Unknown White Male ( link: http://www.unknownwhitemalemovie.com/trailer/ ).

Sun May 28, 01:30:00 PM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home